The Vancouver Public Schools Coach of the Year award recognizes the positive impact coaches have on the lives of student-athletes. Every day, coaches work with students to develop self-confidence, courage, hard work and other skills necessary to be successful in life.
Criteria for selection
- Must exhibit district core covenants of trust, integrity and excellence
- Must be an active coach for the school year being awarded
- Coach at the elementary, middle or high school level
- Head coach or assistant coach
- Exhibits knowledge of sport through understanding of rules and coaching strategies
- Positive role model
- Dedicated to the development of the program and the athlete year-round
- Coaching history reflects success in developing athletes and programs
- Supportive of other programs
- Gives back to his/her sport by mentoring other coaches in the profession
- Contributes to his/her community outside of athletics
- Committed to his/her personal development as a coach
If you have a nominee who meets the qualifications, please complete the nomination form. You must include specific examples of how your nominee demonstrates the above criteria. A selection committee of Vancouver Public Schools athletic directors will determine the award recipients, who will be honored at the annual Coaches’ Institute held in August. All winners will receive a plaque. They also will have their name engraved on plaques to be displayed at their school and the district athletic office.
Please fill out the following form completely.
June 2, 2017
Jason Lee Middle School
Hudson’s Bay High School
Fort Vancouver High School
Thomas Jefferson Middle School
Discovery Middle School