How we communicate
Vancouver schools routinely communicate with parents and guardians to notify them of student absences, make general announcements, alert them of emergencies and share information about weather-related schedule changes. If you’re a parent or guardian, you may be notified one or more of the following ways:
Frequently asked questions
In the case of emergencies, a second parent/guardian in the primary family may be notified.
- Call the opt-out hotline at 855-502-7867. You will continue to receive attendance and emergency calls, per federal law.
- Unsubscribe from emails by following the link at the bottom of an email you’ve received.
- Text “STOP” to 60680 to opt out of text messages.
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard hotline at 855-502-7867 from the phone that was used to opt out.
- Text messages: Text START to 60680 from the phone that was used to opt out.