Courtesy of the Trappers4Trappers alumni organization, Fort Vancouver High School staff members received $2,700 in grants on Feb. 7. The funds will support students’ learning and the overall school culture in the following ways:
- Erik Gunderson: Math Day at the University of Washington
- Shelley Parsons/Dee Berisha: Trial run of Trapper Joe coffee cart
- Bethany Rivard: Portland Center Stage field trip
- Diana Avalos-Leos: MEChA T-shirts to build awareness of how MEChA student leaders are taking action in the community and school
- Andrea Johnson: Transportation support for Global Youth Service Day
- Tabby Zdunich: Support for the student mentor group
- Alison Watson: Center for International Studies student ambassador T-shirts to represent school spirit and student action and leadership
- John Schultz: Attendance and positive behavior incentives
- Ken Roberts: Trapper Ten 2.0 incentives
The funds were donated by former Fort students, including the classes of 1966, 1975, 1976 and other alums.
Photos by Kelly Christel.