Courtesy of the Trappers4Trappers alumni organization, Fort Vancouver High School staff members received $2,700 in grants on Feb. 7. The funds will support students’ learning and the overall school culture in the following ways:
- Erik Gunderson: Math Day at the University of Washington
- Shelley Parsons/Dee Berisha: Trial run of Trapper Joe coffee cart
- Bethany Rivard: Portland Center Stage field trip
- Diana Avalos-Leos: MEChA T-shirts to build awareness of how MEChA student leaders are taking action in the community and school
- Andrea Johnson: Transportation support for Global Youth Service Day
- Tabby Zdunich: Support for the student mentor group
- Alison Watson: Center for International Studies student ambassador T-shirts to represent school spirit and student action and leadership
- John Schultz: Attendance and positive behavior incentives
- Ken Roberts: Trapper Ten 2.0 incentives
The funds were donated by former Fort students, including the classes of 1966, 1975, 1976 and other alums.
Previously, Trappers4Trappers has donated on more than one occasion support the school’s Center for International Studies.
Photos by Kelly Christel.