Learn without boundaries at the Center for International Studies, a school-wide magnet for students in ninth through 12th grades located exclusively at Fort Vancouver High School. While gathering the knowledge, skills and habits needed for success in college, careers and life, you’ll actively learn about global issues and how you can positively impact our world.
- Expanded language offerings
- Learning opportunities both within the U.S. and internationally
- International studies pathway
CIS students are curious, aware and respectful of other cultures as they work toward global competence. They:
- Investigate the world to ask questions and conduct research on locally and globally significant issues
- Recognize perspectives to better understand interactions, situations and events in our world
- Communicate ideas to connect with diverse audiences, increase understanding and collaborate
- Take action to contribute positively to local, regional and global issues
The school is a member of the Asia Society’s International Studies Schools Network, a consortium of schools throughout the U.S. that are committed to developing global competence.