As flu season approaches, please be on the lookout for similar symptoms that are actually related to the enterovirus. The Washington State Department of Health and CDC have put out some important information on what it is and how to prevent it. Good sanitation practice is the key to preventing the spread!
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after changing diapers.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick.
- If you’re ill, do not go to daycare, school or work.