Educational Service District 112 recently announced in a press release that artwork by students from throughout the six-county region will be recognized at the 2016 Southwest Washington Regional High School Art Show.
Students submitted 267 entries this year, the 43rd of the show. The artwork is on display through March 31, 2016, at ESD 112, 2500 NE 65th Avenue in Vancouver.
An opening reception and ceremony presentation will take place Tuesday, March 15, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at ESD 112. The gallery will open at 5 p.m. and the awards program begins at 6 p.m.
Nineteen pieces received Regional Awards. Those pieces will compete against entries from around Washington state in the annual Superintendent of Public Instruction Art Show in Olympia in April.
The following student artists from Vancouver Public Schools received awards:
Regional winners were evaluated in four areas—originality, composition, emotion and technique.
- Natalie Farness, Vancouver School of Arts and Academics, “The Unsung Hero”
- Evan Howard, VSAA, “Meteor”
- Mariah McDonald, Fort Vancouver High School, “73 Year Phase”
- Maria Schaljo,VSAA, “Submerged”
- Cassi Williams,VSAA, “Knees and Toes”
ESD 112 Awards
- Madeleine Newton,VSAA, “Messy Sink”
To view pictures of the winning entries, visit the ESD 112 Newsroom.