A well-managed budget is key to being able to deliver on our commitment to offer every student a quality education, safety, and resources for well-being.
It is important we make the right decisions on how to allocate the funding we receive in order to provide the many things necessary to allow for learning, including but not limited to:
- transportation to and from school
- classroom instruction
- special education supports
- highly capable instruction supports
- safety officers
- counseling and mental health support
- well-maintained grounds and buildings
- extracurricular activities and offerings
We take our responsibility seriously to spend our money in a smart way that helps us achieve our goals of healthy students, schools, and communities, ultimately strengthening our Vancouver community.
Our hope is to offer visibility into these funding and spending details in an effort to foster a greater understanding of our funding sources, allocations, and range of programs and services that are provided to those in our district.