The Excellence Award recognizes individual employees and small teams (three people maximum) for creating a positive, caring and productive school environment through exceptional effort, dedication or performance in their areas of responsibility. For example, that person might have implemented a successful teaching strategy, provided extra support for fellow staff members or helped a student overcome extreme difficulties. Any colleague, student, parent or community member may submit a nomination.
All nominations will go through a review by the nominee’s supervisor and the district’s human resources department. Approved nominations also will be reviewed and selected by the Excellence Award committee, comprised of staff members from across the district.
Nominations are considered for two months. Five employees or small teams (three people maximum) are recognized between October and May of each school year.
Current Vancouver Public Schools employees and emergency replacement subs who:
- Are approved by their supervisors and the district’s HR department
- Have been employed by the district more than 1.5 years
- Have not received the award before (previous Excellence Award winners are ineligible to receive the award a second time)
- Are not retired and will not be retired at the time of their recognition
- Are not short-term substitutes
- Are not contracted employees
Persuasive nominations can go a long way toward securing an Excellence Award for an employee. Here are a few tips for crafting your nomination:
- Tell a story. Focus on a few compelling details, and make the nominee’s personality shine.
- Be specific. Give examples of notable things the employee has done.
- Ask others to nominate the employee, too. A group effort can sometimes make a good impression on the selection committee. However, one strong nomination also can clinch an award.
Nominees who pass the vetting process are sent to the selection committee for review. The selection committee assesses nominees’ positive and caring attributes, contributions to a productive work environment, exceptional effort, dedication and performance.
The committee votes monthly from October to May. The five individuals or small teams with the most votes receive the award.
Please contact the VPS communications office at 360-313-1230 or email@example.com.
Please fill out the following form completely.
|Award month||Nomination deadline|
|January 2020||Dec. 2, 8 a.m.|
|February 2020||Jan. 6, 8 a.m.|
|March 2020||Feb. 3, 8 a.m.|
|April 2020||March 9, 8 a.m.|
|May 2020||April 13, 8 a.m.|