We encourage and welcome you to volunteer your time in our schools. Volunteers help out in all of our schools—from kindergarten to high school—taking on a variety of roles to help our students succeed.
You don’t need teaching or professional experience to volunteer. The most important qualification is a genuine interest in helping our students and teachers maximize their potential.
What volunteers do
- Tutor and mentor students
- Chaperone activities
- Assist teachers
- Have lunch
- Help out in the office
…and so much more!
Recruitment and placement of volunteers is done at the school building level. Frequently community volunteers connect with a school that is close to their home or place of work or choose an age level of students they prefer. To help with your placement, consider these questions:
- Would you like to work directly with students?
- What kind of volunteer job would you like to do?
- Where would you prefer to work—elementary, middle or high school?
- What days or hours do you prefer?
- How much time do you want to commit to a volunteer job?