Vancouver Public Schools recognizes the important role that nonprofit organizations play in providing educational and cultural programs for district students in non-school hours. As part of our efforts to continue to be environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have contracted with an eflyer distribution service provider called Peachjar.
VPS allows non-profit, charitable and civic organizations to distribute information to students and families through the Peachjar system. Upon approval, flyers are emailed directly to parents. All materials must be approved by the district. Materials from for-profit companies do not qualify.
Parent-teacher organizations and booster clubs
School or district PTSAs, booster clubs, Associated Student bodies or other organizations also can submit flyers for distribution through Peachjar. Flyers should be sent, in a pdf format, to either the school Peachjar uploader or to Melinda Cannell.
Non-profit organizations who wish to distribute information in schools must create a user account with Peachjar, our electronic flyer service provider. Peachjar charges a fee to post and distribute flyers for activities and events that require a participation fee. Peachjar’s fees often replace the cost of printing for the organization.
- Create a user account with Peachjar (external site).
- Upload flyers (must be PDF, max. 6mb).
- VPS staff will review your flyer and approve or deny it based on district policy and regulations outlined by “Distribution of Materials by Non-School Groups.” Peachjar site credits are given for denied flyers.
- Approved flyers will be emailed to parents and posted online to designated school websites. Flyers are distributed once a week, typically on Thursday.
- We ask that organizations submit flyers at least a week in advance of your requested posting date.
Please read the VPS “Distribution of Materials by Non-School Group” regulations prior to submitting your flyer for review.
- Create a user account with Peachjar and register as an program provider.
- Pay posting fees to Peachjar (see exceptions below). These fees replace the cost of printing for the organization.
- Upload flyers (must be PDF, max. 6mb)
- District staff will review the flyer and approve or deny it based on stated requirements and regulations. Peachjar site credits are given for denied flyers.
- Approved flyers are then emailed to parents and posted online to the designated school websites. Flyers are distributed once a week, typically on Thursday.
- We ask that organizations submit flyers at least a week in advance of the date that they would like to receive approval.
Posting fee exceptions
Community organizations may post a flyer through Peachjar without charge (subject to district approval) provided the flyer contains information about a community event that is held without charge to attendees and does not lead to a participation fee or serve as an enticement to buy products or services. Free events that include vendors who are selling products and services do not qualify for fee waivers. To receive the waived service fee, a community organization must contact Peachjar to make the request (858-997-2117, option 3).
Schools, school parent organizations, booster clubs and foundations can post and distribute their flyers, newsletters and important information by going directly through the school’s Peachjar website. If a flyer describes an activity or event with a fee, both of the following criteria must be met in order the flyer to be posted without charge:
- The activity/participation fee must be payable to the school, school district, or the school’s authorized parent group, booster club or foundation. AND,
- The activity must be organized by school/district staff, students or parent group volunteers.
Distribution of printed materials
Vancouver Public Schools no longer mass distributes printed materials from community organizations. Organizations may request to distribute flyers in quantities of 25 or less for school offices or bulletin board(s). Flyers must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and contain the following disclaimer: “This program is not sponsored by Vancouver Public Schools. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.”
Once approved, the organization will receive an authorization form and instructions for delivery to the district’s mail distribution center.