Registering for school
Welcome to Vancouver Public Schools! We’re glad you’re here.
Registering for school doesn’t have to be difficult! Take a look at the required documentation below that you need to bring to your neighborhood school upon registration. Gathering this paperwork and filling it out before coming to the school will save you time. If you have children who will attend different schools, however, you will need to return the forms to each location.
For help with information on this page, call the Student Welfare and Attendance office: 360-313-1330
- Student Welfare and Attendance office
Get help with boundary exceptions, learn about attendance laws.
- Find your school
Discover your neighborhood school based on your home address.
- District calendar and events
Find important upcoming dates, holidays and early releases.
Find your bus route so you know how to get to school!
- How to stay connected
Find out if school is closed due to weather or emergencies.
- Supporting documents
Please bring the completed registration packet with the following documents when registering your student:
School registration packet:
- Birth certificate or passport for student(s)
- Additional forms
Additional forms in English (PDF)
FORMA DE INSCRIPCIÓN (PDF)
РЕГИСТРАЦИОННАЯ ФОРМА (PDF)
- Copy of most recent report card
- Copy of most recent report card/or transcript of completed classes
Special services/education, 504 plan and/or individual health plan:
- IEP and current evaluation (if available)
Note: There may be a few additional forms that will need to be completed at the school at the time of registration.
2. Proof of immunizations
Upon registration, you must provide current immunization information for your child. Find out what immunizations are required in Washington state for preschool and school-age children. Beginning in August 2020, children must be in compliance with Washington state immunization requirements before they can start school.
- If your child’s immunizations were completed in Washington state, register for or log into your MyIR account. You can print your child’s Certificate of Immunization Status (PDF) for school and child care entry. Alternately, a school staff member may be locate your child’s immunization details at the time of registration and have you confirm the information.
- If your child’s immunizations were completed outside of Washington state, please download the Certificate of Immunization Status (PDF).
- Certificate of Exemption (COE) form
3. Proof of residency
To establish a student’s residence, the parent of legal guardian must provide one of the documents listed below:
- Mortgage statement/current rental agreement
- Government-issued check or correspondence
- Public agency document (DSHS, courts)
- Current payroll check or stub with name and address
- Utility bill (water/sewer, electricity)
- Driver’s license or other official ID with current address
Note: If you cannot supply the documentation listed, you will be referred to Student Welfare and Attendance to determine an appropriate pathway for proof of residency that may include a home visit.
Please present the original, requested document(s) at the time of registration. A copy will be made and the original documents returned to you.
As part of the registration process, you will be required to read and sign the Residency Verification Affidavit form. Misrepresentation of residency information or failure to follow through with the statements in the affidavit will result in the student’s withdrawal from the school.