How we communicate

Vancouver schools routinely communicate with parents and guardians to notify them of student absences, make general announcements, alert them of emergencies and share information about weather-related schedule changes. If you’re a parent or guardian, you may be notified one or more of the following ways:

  • Phone call
  • Email
  • Text message
  • Mobile app notification

Frequently asked questions

The primary family (up to two parents/guardians self-identified as the primary family on a student’s registration form) will receive most messages, including absence messages.

A second family may also receive some messages if the family has signed up for Family Access. (Don’t have a Family Access account? Contact your child’s school.)

The primary parent/guardian is identified as such on students’ registration forms. A different parent/guardian may become the primary if requested through the school office.

Contact your child’s school’s office to change or update recipients and/or contact information.

  • Call the opt-out hotline at 855-502-7867 from the phone that received the call. You will continue to receive attendance and emergency calls, per federal law.
  • Unsubscribe from emails by following the link at the bottom of an email you’ve received.
  • Text STOP to 606-80.

Call the Blackboard hotline at 855-502-7867 from the phone that was used to opt out. To continue receiving emails and/or text messages, contact your child’s school or send us a message.

Yes. Please call 877-552-0601 from the phone that originally received the calls. You can listen to messages that you received in the last month.

The school may not have your up-to-date contact information. Please contact the school office to confirm.

If T-Mobile is your cell carrier, you must opt in to receive text messages. This can be accomplished by doing one of the following:

  1. Go to > Privacy Center > Privacy Choices tab > Opt-out Form > there is an option here to opt in to toll-free SMS > complete and submit.
  2. Call 800-937-8997 and have them submit this form for you.