Our goal is for our official social media accounts to be places where people can get a glimpse inside VPS and connect with members of the VPS community. To help this happen, we have established the following guidelines for those who wish to visit or interact with VPS accounts:
Practice good digital citizenship
Please use civility and respect when posting and sending messages, and ensure that comments are related to the subject of a post.
Language of the following nature may be removed and/or reported
- Promoting illegal activity
- Privacy violations
- Repetition of the same comment or substantially similar comments
Content should be related to VPS
VPS social media accounts can’t promote products, services or events on behalf of external organizations. If you represent a company that would like to learn more about the district’s purchasing practices, please contact our purchasing department. If you are a nonprofit with a free educational or cultural opportunity to share and you would like to distribute a flyer to families, please see our distribution process.
Vancouver Public Schools reserves the right to manage all VPS-related social media accounts at its discretion. Failure to follow the above guidelines may result in action without notice to the user. This can include comments being hidden or removed and/or a user being banned, blocked or muted.
Per public records laws, comments and messages on or to VPS social media accounts could be included in a public records request.
Questions and comments
If you have a school- or district-related question or issue that needs to be resolved, please:
- Follow our procedure for voicing concerns and begin by contacting the school directly if your question or issue is specific to that school.
- If you have concerns about your child’s experience within the discipline process, please reach out to our education ombuds.
- Call 360-313-1000 or send us a message.