While the Clark County Health Department announced the first confirmed local case of the coronavirus over the weekend, Vancouver Public Schools has not been notified of any confirmed cases that have a connection to any of our schools or the district.
The health department is not recommending any changes to the steps VPS is already taking to prevent the spread of illness, including routine cleaning measures.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and remain in regular communication with state and local health department officials.
For information about what steps we are taking and answers to frequently asked questions, please visit our coronavirus webpage.
Actions you can take now
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick and keep sick children home, especially if they have a persistent cough. Be sure to let your child’s school know if they will be absent.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer (if soap and water are not readily available).
Please continue to monitor your child’s health, determine what is safe for your child and plan for childcare in the event that health officials direct schools to close.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.