Pictured from left: Annika Epperly, OJ Kamboj, Natalie Humber, Kristen Stilin, Claire Russell and Kim Hansen
Eight Skyview High School students in February were selected for 2019 regional Aspirations in Computing honors:
- Annika Epperly, Regional Award winner
- Natalie Humber, Regional Award winner
- Claire Russell, Regional Award winner
- Megan Sarkissian, Regional Award winner
- Kristen Stilin, Regional Award winner
- Grace Brenner, honorable mention
- Ojasvi (OJ) Kamboj, honorable mention
- Natalie Dradi, rising star
The recognition from the Oregon/Southwest Washington affiliate of the nonprofit National Center for Women and Information Technology is given to female students who demonstrate an exceptional academic history, technical skills, aptitudes, experiences, leadership abilities, outreach to others, aspirations and future plans.
All the Skyview honorees are students in the school’s Science, Math and Technology magnet program. Teacher Kim Hansen endorsed their applications.
The honorees were recognized on April 7 in Portland, Oregon, and will be invited to join a network of professionals in technical fields who can serve as mentors, provide opportunities for internships and scholarships and share resources.