The district’s standard negotiating practice for all employee associations is to include COLAs as part of wage increase proposals.

The district’s second proposal is a 6.6 percent increase in 2018-19 and 1.9 percent increase in 2019-20, for a total of 8.5 percent over two years—a total of $1.5 million. This offer exceeds the VAESP membership’s share of the net McCleary money by $200,000.

Learn more about how the levy swap affects the amount of funding available for classified salaries.