The following employees were selected for the February 2018 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the Feb. 27 school board meeting. Pictured from left to right are:
- Ben Johnston, custodian, Washington Elementary
- Sarah Kries, teacher, Columbia River High School
- Kim Slater, clerk, student welfare and attendance department
- Katie Hardy, visual art specialist, Roosevelt Elementary
- Peggy Hanes, teacher librarian, Alki Middle School
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the many VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.