The following employees were selected for the February 2020 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the Feb. 11 school board meeting. Pictured from left:
- Tai Bainter, teacher, Anderson Elementary
- Todd Horenstein, assistant superintendent for facility support services, planning and facilities department
- Michelle Steele, secretary, Gaiser Middle School
- Katie Ronning, associate principal, Discovery Middle School
- Diane Petersen, paraeducator, Fruit Valley Community Learning Center
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
Over three-and-a-half decades, Todd has overseen more than $800 million dollars’ worth of facility improvements. His prudent approach upholds the responsibility of managing taxpayer money. Keeping complex construction projects on time and on budget is no easy task, but Todd approaches the challenge with wisdom, optimism and respect for the people involved. He is patient and a strong listener. As a result of Todd’s work, the district’s schools are a point of pride for students, families, staff members and the community.
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the hundreds of VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.