The following employees were selected for the January 2020 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the Jan. 14 school board meeting. Pictured from left:
- Carrie Mason, nurse, McLoughlin Middle School and Skyview High School
- Valerie Seeley, principal, Hudson’s Bay High School
- Charles Swarts, theater manager, Vancouver School of Arts and Academics
- Shanna Baird, family-community resource coordinator, Hazel Dell Elementary
- Alicia Flanigan, teacher, Ogden Elementary
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the hundreds of VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.