The following employees were selected for the March 2019 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the March 26 school board meeting. Pictured from left:
- Traicy Brent, secretary, Ogden Elementary
- Sharon LaCroix, paraeducator, Hough Elementary
- Becky Davis, mental health specialist, Fir Grove/Vista
- Douglas Varenas, occupational therapist, Fir Grove/Vista
- Not pictured but also an award recipient: Shannon Murphy, teacher, Sacajawea Elementary
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the many VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.