The following employees were selected for the November 2019 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the Nov. 12 school board meeting. Pictured from left:
- Emily Jinnah, elementary academic coach, Fir Grove
- Elizabeth Tiegs, family-community resource coordinator, Roosevelt Elementary
- Tawnya Clark, paraeducator, Fir Grove
- Michael Hornback, instructional technology facilitator, ITS
- Bill Niemeyer, data integration technician, assessment and performance management department
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the hundreds of VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.