Almost 60 students from Vancouver Public Schools medaled in the 2019 SkillsUSA state competition, held April 25-27 in Yakima, Washington. The competition gave students from across Washington a chance to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in 90 categories representing a variety of career and technical fields.
Fort Vancouver High School Center for International Studies
- Commercial Baking—Aliyah Schlegel
- Early Childhood Education—Myrainah Blancas
- Chapter Business Procedure—Derek Bengard, Christopher Diosdado, Alexander Flores, Brianna Marr, Kel Myers
- Entrepreneurship—Anastasiia Burtseva, Nataliia Lushchuk, Mohammed Wali, Rameses Juarez
- T-Shirt Design—Ethan Fletcher
- First Aid/CPR—Emily Van Meter
- Health Knowledge Bowl—Anna VanRoy-Amundson, Taylor Peterson, Brianna Marr, Jazmin Boroff
- Chapter Business Procedure—Jazmin Boroff, Henry Doan, Mimie Le, Leilonnie Lee, Rian Schaffer
Teachers Rebecca Angell, Tammy Barry, Colleen Dunegan, David Finnie, Megan St. Clair and Michael Wade are their advisers.
Columbia River High School
- Broadcast News Production—Jaxon Pace, Jaelyn Gaylor, Jordan Ryan, Miles Campbell
- Broadcast News Production—Sean Sotaridona, Aidan Rowley, Devon Safley, Theo Manu
- Broadcast News Production—Brody Duke, Keymani Knowles, Rhys Holmes, Michael Syverson
- Early Childhood Education—Sierra Pine
Teacher Janine Blackwell is their adviser.
Vancouver School of Arts and Academics
- Quiz Bowl—Ethan Allmain, Bernard Andrade, Annika Cook, Lukas Miller, Alyssa Maggi, Aubree Radtke
- Pin Design—Nadia Stupski
- T-Shirt Design—Sophie (Spoons) Bradshaw
- Promotional Bulletin Board—James Allen, Ethan Allmain, Spoons Bradshaw
- Digital Cinema Production—Eric Bacon, Nathan Keldsen
- Job Interview—Alyssa Maggi
- Prepared Speech—Hayes Tufts
- Audio/Radio Production—Bernard Andrade, Eleanor Winkley
- Customer Service—Marley Fouts-Carrico
- Quiz Bowl—Eric Bacon, Cas Haddad, Taim Isreb, Alexis Schole, Hayes Tufts
- Pin Design—Nathan Keldsen
- T-Shirt Design—Ethan Allmain
- Pin Design—Annika Cook
Teacher Andy Berhow is their adviser.
Hudson’s Bay High School
- American Sign Language—Lando Gaza
- American Sign Language—Elexius Hoover
Teacher Danna Claborn is their adviser.
Skyview High School
- Extemporaneous Speaking—Justin Lindsay
Teacher Nancy Wistrand is the adviser.
Gold medalists advanced to the national SkillsUSA competition, held in Kentucky in late June 2019.