U.S. News and World Report’s annual list of leading high schools includes the following in the top third of the state and nation:
- Vancouver School of Arts and Academics: 12th in Washington and 749th in the nation
- Skyview High School: 81st in Washington and 4,654th in the nation
- Vancouver iTech Preparatory: 97th in Washington and 5,172nd in the nation
- Columbia River High School: 100th in Washington and 5,339th in the nation
All four schools have appeared on the list in previous years.
In addition, Vancouver Flex Academy, Fort Vancouver High School Center for International Studies and Hudson’s Bay High School rank in the top 40% of Washington high schools.
Among the state’s largest districts, with more than 20,000 students, Vancouver Public Schools is tied with Lake Washington and Spokane for the third highest number of schools in Washington’s top 100.
The methodology for determining rankings includes:
- The percentage of each school’s seniors who passed at least one Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exam, with extra weight given to students who pass exams in multiple subject areas
- Scores on math and reading state tests, including consideration of test performance by students from underserved populations
- Graduation rates