In 1953 Lewis Junior High School became the third junior high in the district. The school first opened in 1943 as Bagley Downs Elementary, but was renamed Lewis and Clark Elementary School in 1946. Soon after, it was shortened to Lewis Elementary School. After serving as Lewis Junior High for 33 years, the school closed in 1986. The remodeled building is now the site of the Jim Parsley Center, housing administrative offices, a community center, the Free Clinic, and the Boys and Girls Club.