U.S. News & World Report in its 2019 ranking placed five Vancouver high schools among the top 250 out of 656 schools that the organization evaluated in Washington state.
- Vancouver iTech Preparatory is ranked 15th in Washington and 910th in the nation.
- Vancouver School of Arts and Academics is ranked 25th in the state and 1,503rd in the nation.
- Skyview High School is ranked 87th in Washington and 4,308th in the nation.
- Columbia River High School is ranked 100th in the state and 4,877th in the nation.
- Hudson’s Bay High School is ranked 220th in the state and 10,362nd in the nation.
To determine the nation’s best public high schools, U.S. News evaluated more than 23,000 schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Rankings are awarded based on 2016–2017 school year data demonstrating college readiness, college-level curriculum, math and reading proficiency and performance, graduation rates and performance among underrepresented students.