The following employees were selected for the April 2019 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the April 23 school board meeting. Pictured from left:
- Shannon Yount, teacher, Ogden Elementary
- Erika Audette, paraeducator, Chinook Elementary
- Sarah Moll, teacher, Roosevelt Elementary School
- Lauren Kotz, teacher, Alki Middle School
- Wenwen Tian, teacher, Columbia River and Fort Vancouver high schools
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
According to her co-workers, Erika strives to make each day run as smoothly as possible. Whether taking initiative around the classroom, providing thoughtful intervention for students or helping her team, Erika can be depended on to brighten the day. She always is ready to try something new to help students and is enthusiastically committed to doing whatever she can for them. Erika’s willingness to work hard is part of what makes Chinook so special!
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the many VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.