SMT students must complete the following requirements (credits, project and community service) to obtain an SMT diploma and be awarded an SMT stole for the graduation ceremony.
- Clark College Science, Math, Technology courses are not approved Skyview SMT courses.
- Clark College World Language courses will count toward the SMT program.
SMT course credits
13 credits are needed
- English: 1 credit (ninth-grade English only)
- Math: 3 credits
- Science: 3 credits
- Technology: 2 credits
- Electives in science, math or technology: 2 credits
- World language: 2 credits
Thirty hours must be completed throughout the four years of enrollment.
Presentation of a research project
Students are required to present either in or out of class research findings in two different venues:
- For every year the student is a participant, s/he is required to present at the annual SMT showcase.
- At an external SMT-approved science fair.
Program GPA requirements
SMT students must maintain a 2.5 grade point average in all courses. Grades will be reviewed each semester and GPA will be calculated. Any student not maintaining a 2.5 GPA will be placed on academic probation. Any student who does not meet 2.5 GPA requirement a second time during enrollment in the program will be dismissed from the SMT magnet.
For more information on related high school classes, post-secondary options and potential careers, please review the STEM and Architecture and Construction Career Clusters.
- Science, Math and Technology magnet designation on high school diploma
- Adobe Autodesk Inventor
- Washington State Career Skills Certificate
- Advanced Commercial Photography
- Business Law
- Foundations of Technology
- Technical Design
- Technical Design II
- Video Production
- Word Processing