Since its opening, iTech high school students have been attending classes in the Clark College building on the Washington State University Vancouver campus. The middle school portion of the program has been housed at the Jim Parsley Education, Family and Community Center on Plomondon Street.
Through agreements with WSU Vancouver and Battle Ground Public Schools, the site of the new school is on approximately 5 acres of leased land northeast of WSU Vancouver’s main campus.
- Cars and school buses will access the iTech campus from 50th Avenue.
- Free onsite parking will be provided for iTech students, staff and iTech visitors.
- Enrollment will be approximately 700 students in grades 6-12.
- Approximately 40 teachers and staff members will work at the school.
- School hours will be 9:35 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
- School buses will drop off and pick up students from the school.
- The campus will not include formal athletic fields, a stadium or stadium lights. A future project may look at shared fields for intramural sports.
- The building will provide community meeting and activity space during non-school hours.
- Open green space on the iTech campus will be available for community use.
Construction is slated to take place June 2018 through December 2019. The school is projected to open in winter 2019, subject to contractor availability, bond cash flow and unforeseen circumstances.